Here’s another poster for Star Trek Into Darkness and it looks like the U.S.S. Enterprise is in a lot of trouble! Can’t wait to see the outcome of this one.
Continuing our series of anniversary film music compilations, we have produced a blockbuster to celebrate our 35th. There is no duplication here. For our 35th anniversary we look back at our greatest releases over the last five years. And being the biggest and most prolific film music record label in the world, that meant we had over 250 soundtracks to choose from!
Averaging over 60 new soundtrack releases a year, Varèse Sarabande’s catalog features virtually every great name in film music. A list of just a few of the composers included here includes the late Jerry Goldsmith, along with Hans Zimmer, Alexandre Desplat, John Powell, Danny Elfman, Thomas Newman, Alan Silvestri, James Newton Howard, Mark Isham, Ramin Djawadi, Patrick Doyle, James Horner, Mychael Danna, Michael Giacchino, John Debney, Marco Beltrami, Gabriel Yared, Brian Tyler and many more!
• Included are cues from such blockbusters as Star Trek, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Kung Fu Panda 2, I Am Legend and Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
• Critically acclaimed films such as Another Year, The Ghost Writer, The Ides Of March and Frost/Nixon
• Academy Award nominees such as The Help, The Last Station, Albert Nobbs, The Visitor and How To Train Your Dragon
• Beloved animated movies like Rise Of The Guardians, Rio, The Lorax, and Horton Hears A Who
• Family classics such as Hop, Dolphin Tale, Big Miracle, Nim’s Island
• Action blockbusters like Fast & Furious, G.I. Joe: The Rise Of COBRA, Cowboys & Aliens, Knight & Day, Battleship
• Celebrated television productions such as Game Of Thrones, True Blood, Mildred Pierce, Grey Gardens, The Tudors, Too Big To Fail
• Stunning new performances of Alex North’s Love Theme From Spartacus by Dave Grusin and Jerry Goldsmith’s Sum Of All Fears performed in Tenerife
• Also included are some truly wonderful scores from some films you might have missed completely.
• 4 CDs priced for little more than a single — it’s almost a giveaway!
Over five hours of great film music is included!!
Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 185 2
Release Date: 05/07/13
(Source: Varese Sarabande)
At a recent press conference for Star Trek Into Darkness in Berlin, Abrams was asked about the possibility of Giacchino also moving from Star Trek to Star Wars, and he had this to say about that and his Into Darkness score. “Michael Giacchino is an incredible composer, who I was lucky enough to begin working with on Alias. … He’s truly one of the most influential members of our crew, and I think this score, he really outdid himself. Again, for Star Wars, it’s very early days, but I believe that, going forward, John Williams will be doing that film, because he was there long before I was.” – Full article at ComicBookMovie.com
(Source: John Williams Fan Network)
La-La Land has announced an impressive slate of CD releases for May and June, including Shirley Walker‘s terrific score for the underrated remake of WILLARD; a new edition of Jerry Goldsmith‘s ’60s Western BANDOLERO; an expanded two-disc set of John Williams‘ replacement score for John Singleton’s 1997 historical drama ROSEWOOD; a two-disc set of J. Peter Robinson‘s music for the long-running TV series CHARMED; a two-disc set of Bear McCreary‘s music for the CAPRICA TV series; a two-disc set of Geoff Zanelli‘s Emmy winning score for the miniseries INTO THE WEST; Bill Conti‘s brassy score for the Armand Assante remake of I, THE JURY; and music from the animated TV series YOUNG JUSTICE.
(Source: Film Score Monthly)